- Constructed from aluminum alloy opposed to mild steel resulting in a lighter anchor without sacrificing holding power
- Flukes can be adjusted from 32 to 45 degrees
- Free lifetime replacement parts
- Pointed flukes are sharper than dull edged steel anchors
- Can be disassembled making it an excellent secondary anchor
Fortress anchors are a unique anchor in the fact that they are constructed from a light-weight aluminum alloy opposed to heavier mild steel which most other anchors are made from. The result is that they are approximately half the weight of other comparable sized anchors while sacrificing with very little holding power.
Fortress anchors can be disassembled for easy storage. This, combined with the fact that they are extremely light weight, makes them one of the most popular anchors to use as a secondary anchor. The flukes on the anchor can also be adjusted from 32 degrees (for harder bottoms) to 45 degrees (for softer bottoms).
Like all similar Fluke anchors, the Fortress has excellent holding power in mud and sand but limited holding power in other bottoms such as rock and grass. A Fortress as small as the FX-11 (7 lbs) is adequate for most boats up to 32'.Every Fortress anchor comes with a lifetime warranty on all parts. It has been independently tested - approved by American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and used by the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard.
|Anchor Weight:||4 lbs||7 lbs||10 lbs||15 lbs||2 1lbs|
|Boat Length:||16 - 27 ft.||28 - 32 ft.||33 - 38 ft.||39 - 45 ft.||46 - 51 ft.|
|Holding Power:||2,800 lbs||3,600 lbs||5,000 lbs||8,000 lbs||12,000 lbs|
|Material Type:||Material: High tensile aluminum-magnesium alloy|
|Warranty||Lifetime parts replacement warranty|
- THE BEST ANCHOR FOR MUD AND SAND Review by THE BOAT